The BGA Logo Competition is officially open for entries!
It’s time to say goodbye to the current BGA logo that has been in place since 2010.
To this end we are now calling for submissions of designs for an exciting and vibrant new logo. The competition is open to all and the deadline is on the 31st of July at midnight.
This will be a competition where the winner will be announced at the 2019 PGRIP (BGA Postgraduate Research in Progress) meeting in late August. They will receive a cash prize of £250.
The Guidelines for the logo competition are:
- The design must be original and follow the technical guidelines described below.
- Permitted techniques for producing the logo are drawing, painting, computer design and photography.
- The logo must reflect the BGA’s mission, which is to promote geophysics in the UK. This could be done by representing the relevant science areas or the work done by geophysicists.
- The proposal should be accompanied by a brief explanation of the design and the main ideas represented by your submission.
- Entries must be submitted to the Competitions Officer (Alessandro Novellino) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), clearly indicating “BGA logo competition” in the subject line.
- In submitting your design, the winning entry will transfer all rights to the BGA who will use, modify and post the logo as they see fit. The BGA may also decide not to use the winning logo. The British Geophysical Association or its acronym (BGA) may appear in the logo.
- The logo should be clear and legible when printed at a size of around 3 to 5 cm.
- Versions of the logo will be produced for full colour, greyscale and monochrome reproduction, so bold and simple designs will work best.
- Entries should be in vector format (e.g., eps, pdf, svg, ai) although we will accept bitmap format (jpeg, png, tiff, bmp) with a resolution of at least 300 dpi when printed at the requisite size.
- Uploaded files should be no larger than 5 Mb.